Monday, June 22, 2009



Woo-hoo! The baby has arrived!! I am starting to feel a lil better and the stairs are not so daunting as they use to be. (Our computer is upstairs.) The past almost 2 weeks have been a bundle of emotions for us. I thank all of those who have been praying. God is so good to us. His mighty hands have been well at work in Nathan and I's life. I sit here in tears as I say I can truly see the work of the Lord in my own life. Where would I be without Him? Countless blessings and miracles have taken place in the past 2 weeks. We have had some very trying times and yet in the midst of it all the LORD is STILL SO GOOD TO US!!!

After many hours of labor, I was unable to deliver at home. Nolan was positioned posterior and his head was tilted back which made him get stuck. To remove him, the doctors had to make an upside down T incision on my uterus. Due to this, c-sections are now the only way I can birth. It hurts me dreadfully when I think of it. Having a c-section was the last thing I thought I would ever have to have. Now they are the only way I can have our children. Some minutes for me are harder then the next. I am still healing emotionally and physically from all that has gone on, but in the midst of everything GOD IS GOOD! He is so good to me! I cannot praise the Lord enough these days. I can't count the blessings that HE has given to us! I cannot count the miracles! I can't say thank You Jesus enough. Nolan is truly a gift from HIM and I am so thankful to share his little life!

While I was pregnant, we would get asked where we were having the baby (as in which hospital) and we would always reply, "We are having the baby at home, if everything goes well." Home birthing was our preferred choice, but we always left room for a hospital birth. Our stay at the hospital was great. The doctors are very well skilled and the nurses on the recovery floor (I cannot remember the right name for the floor...the mommy floor? ;) were very sweet and helpful. Nolan was in NICU for 2 days. When he was born his apgar was 1! You can't tell it now. He is the most alert lil' thing when he isn't snoozing. :) Just shows the Lord's goodness to us!


After being released from the hospital, we had to return the next day due to me having a uterine infection. We had a 4 or 5 day stay (I can't remember exactly right now... ;) and the Lord has healed me up. :)


My husband has been such a blessing to me this whole time. He has stood by me and supported me when the world seemed like it was going to cave in on me. I love you Nathan! (I love you more!) Words don't express how much you mean to me! <3

How to sum up this post? With pictures, of course!



Nolan Elijah Black
June 11th 2009 (2:45am)
8lbs 10 oz.
(9 days old here)





The story behind the above 3 pictures....Nolan just woke up from a snooze and I picked him up to nurse him. I kissed on him a lil and then started to say his name over and over with much happy momma' talk. He produced the above smiles (and a few more) and I caught them on camera! For those who are baby smile skeptics, babies do smile....it's not gas. ;)
(9 days old above)



Guess who is awake and lookin' around?
(10 days)




Sleepy doodle!
(11 days)









3 comments:

Michelle said...

Jessica & Nathan, congratulations on your miracle baby Nolan! Thanks be to God! I'm so happy for you all.

Jessica, I pray for your continued healing-emotional and physical.

Lots of love and prayers,
Michelle & family

Kaila said...

Congratulations!!!! He's SOO cute!I'm so glad that the two of you are doing well. I love the name,Nolan.

Jodi said...

Congratulations, Jessica & Nathan, and Welcome to Baby Nolan Elijah! What a cutie. I love his smile and absolutely believe babies really smile. :o)

I know how disappointing it is to be told that C-sections are the only way you'll be able to deliver. I so wish I could give you a big hug. I hope it encourages you to share ~ I gave birth 3 months ago - at age 43 - to our 6th living child. It was my 5th C-section. I am so incredibly thankful that God chose to put me in a time and place when such a thing is possible. My husband and I have had opportunities to share about God as the Creator of life that might never have been open to us otherwise. God's ways are not always our ways, but His way is always best.

Praying for you as you heal, and praying for your precious family.