Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Where have I been?

This morning, mom woke me up and said, "I smelled smoke outside and went outdoors and it's really smokey outside....here smell my hair? My hair smells like smoke!?" ;o) (It's a girl thing ;)

Smokey Morning!

I grabbed Gracie, my cat, and went downstairs and peeked outside. Smokey alright. The land was covered in a smoke fog. After getting chore clothing on, I went out and the air smelled like an open wood burning stove (I love them things!). Unbeknownst to us, this weekend, brush fires started down in NC and the smoke is now traveling up this way. Thankfully, it's rained a lil' here and the smoke has almost disappeared here in Franklin. Pray for those whose land and homes were affected by the fires. This a.m we were unsure if the fires were heading this way or if it was just the smoke, so we came up with a fire routine. Load all the animals in the Gospel mobile (dad's white work van) and Justy's truck and head towards....? Richmond, I guess. We even prepared animal feed to go. No, we weren't concerned for the house, just our animals. They are like family. :) Our home and material objects aren't important to us (and the land and house are insured ;). hehe (I am laughing.)

Big News! Melita has lost all the ligament in her tail today! It's her due day too! I told some of ya' that she lost it all 2 wend. ago, well, forgive my excited ignorance, I now see she had a little more ligament to lose. The underside of the tail is very flabby now and I REALLY can put my pointer and thumb fingers in a circle around her tail bone...Melita tail has been sticking up for 3 days and today it's starting to arch!
If ya don't know what I mean....here is a great goat site with pics of what I am trying to describe.
http://jekuthiel.com/pgdoe.html

Jasi (my 3 year old cousin) is coming our way today for a stay! Yahoo! She was talking on the phone to mom earlier and was very excited about coming...Mom asked, Do you want to come to our home? "Yes, I want to come to your home for my vacation." ;) hehe

Jasi and Gracie

I cleaned the house today and I am about to do some sewing. I am working on 3 crayon bags that I am bartering with. The first one is done and it turned out SO cute!

Before I sew, I am off to check Melita again!
Jessica

Below are some pics of what's been going on at our home the past week....
Fluffy hatched 6 ducklings!


WOAH! Big Momma Melita in the pasture!

We have been clearing land past 2 weeks or so.

Me, talking and using a wheelbarrow...dangerous thing to do.

Jon's just hanging around! ;) (he can hold himself up like that 4 a while!)


Justy is at work this week...he didn't have far to drive...just outback! ;) He is re-doing old window screens! The mask isn't because he likes the doctor look, but because the windows may have old lead paint. If ya got any handy guy stuff for Justy to do, just let me know...he does excellent work (I am not biased a bit) and he takes cash, money order and paypal. ;o) heehee

Pics of dad and mom out working to come. I have one of dad using his chainsaw and once the computer allows me I will post that too. ;) AND since Jasi is coming I am sure you will find pics of her (and stories) on either mom or I's blog. ;) hehe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the smoke has cleared up a bit... I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I love the pictures - the chicks are so cute!!

~Nicole

Seedshakers said...

Awww, the little ducklings are so cute... and fluffy! :)

And the bagels that you all made look very, very tasty!! Tony & I will have to try making them some day. Yum!!

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for the goat to kid?!
Thought I'd drop by your blog and say "Hi!"