Friday, May 9, 2008

What have we been up to???
For those who check my blog faithfully...
FINALLY!
PICTURES from Nathanland!
Today Nathan and I worked on the rooms we have been remodeling. Nathan added a few wall receptacles (plug-in things). He went in the attic and ran the wiring down thru' the walls to my awaiting hand (I had my hand in the hole in the wall.)
See pic below!


Upstairs the old receptacle hole is on the blue board and the new one is on the base board! The old had to go as we put up wainscoating.
The house originally had one plug in each room. Since we are getting to be high-tech hillbillies, we are updating the wiring and adding many more pluggies. ;)




Nathan working on wiring! Ain't he cute? ;) (Jon and Justin you are excluded from answering this question! ;)

Wainscoating! I never knew what that was b4 I married!

Nathan putting up chair rail on top of the wainscoating.

LOOK!! TREASURE!!!
Nathan was tearing out an old window in the living room and he found the below!
What is it you ask?
CAN YOU GUESS???
Hint #1 : It fell down the wall during remodeling about 1850.
Hint #2: It dates from about 1820.
Hint #3: It's about 2 feet long and wooden.
The winner's name will be featured on the blog along with their blog addy or website. ;o)



Downstairs living room fireplace! The mantle is 1820 and the reused boards are about 1780! The boards are hand planed and hand sawed and some are 20 inches wide!!! We thought we would leave the colors like they are! ;) hehe (just kiddin')

Okay that is all my update fer' now!
Just ain't had enuf' of Nathan and I???
Looking for more of our adventures?
For more updates and pictures,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a level?? :)
smiles, hugs and congrats !
"Suz M"
vintagemommy@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm still thinking it was a "rod", but you must give us the answer post haste. I cannot take the suspense anymore! :)

Liz