Tuesday, January 8, 2008

WHAT did we do on Christmas day (and the weekend before)?

THE GOAT BARN!

<---Before the guys added on~ (horrible pic :) In the process of putting windows in....
Almost completed "barn" :o) Dad, Justin and Jon did good huh? Painting was done by me! :) I will barter paint jobs for dairy goat supplies! ;) If your out of state, you must be willing to move your painting job closer. ;)

Side view of the new add on...we have trim, a gutter and rain barrel to add on and also a moveable stall to create.
Pregnant Melita inspects the new barn. :)

How much did our add-on cost us? $50 so far! Dad is a deal guy and finds slightly warped wood at lowes and they sell it to him 10cent on the dollar! (plywood sheets, 2 by 4s, etc!) Us Terry's are deal and treasure finders, if I do say so myself. ;) The shutters on the windows are from a barn we, as a family, treasure hunted in (see blog archives as I think I mentioned the barn treasure hunt before).

More posts to come soon.
Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice barn! You did a great job! I especially like how the windows can open and close. Will make it easy for breeze to flow in in the summer. I think we are building a little house for Snow to have her babies in and get out of the weather. I hope it looks as nice as yours!