Friday, July 13, 2007

Our computer is being slow which makes being online not so enjoyable. I know I must have patience but 5 minutes per page to load is just to much for me. ;) Patience is a fruit of the spirit but slothfulness is preached against in Proverbs. :-)

3 days ago, we lost 2 of our 12 buff orpington chick-hens. Mom and I went out to let all the girls out of the coop and found Sara and another lil chick dead. (Heat exhaustion, we believe....heat index was 105* at some point that day.) Sara was the one that didn't have a tail yet and was ALWAYS giving me a hard time (good excercise) when I would try to catch her. She would be the last to be put up...always! She also was the only one I named out of the 12.

Jasi, my 2 year old second cousin, is visiting us til next Wednesday. We love having her here. She makes us all laugh and says the funniest of things. Right now, her and mom are getting some beauty sleep and I just finished making oatmeal raisin cookies.

While out at the goats yeaterday, mom told Jasi that Chava and Milcah (my goats) have babies in there tummies. She then helped Jasi feel the sides of the goaty-girls tummies and Jasi said, "Babies in them tummies? They eat them?":o)

O! Mom is up now. That was a short nap for her. Can't wait for the oatmeal cookies to be done!

Oatmeal Cookies -Jessica style

1 c. butter

1 1/3 c. organic sugar (or honey)

1 1/3 c. brown sugar (or alternative)

2 eggs (taken from chickens outback)

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 c. unbleached flour

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp soda

3 c. oats

handful of raisins

Chocolate chips (optional...I left them out today as we had none...I would of made chocolate chip cookies if we would of) ha!

Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Then add the rest.

Note: I don't pay to much attention to what I am doing at times and I have noticed, for myself, my cooking tastes better this way. So don't be too particular. ;) You can make a bar (instead of cookies) when in a hurry or to save $ by limiting using the stove. (we did bars today)

Going to enjoy a cookie...

Jessica

No comments: