Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Why do women want to dress like men when they're fortunate enough to be women? Why lose femininty, which is one of our greatest charms?
We get more accomplished by being charming than we would be flaunting around in pants and smoking. I'm very fond of men. I think they are wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don't want to look like one. When women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error...." ~ The Private World of Tasha Tudor


Look around you when you go out. What type of clothing is prevalent? How many women do you see that are, sadly, exposing themselves to others? Rare is modesty in our culture today.
We, as born again Christian women, are being bombarded on every side to dress to impress. When Adam and Eve discovered they were naked, they were ashamed. The Lord didn't leave them in their leaf-aprons but made them proper clothing to cover themselves. I have been in Christian book stores and seen the Christian tops they have to offer to women. 99% of them are pre-shaped and the sizes run really small. An XL looks like a small. I seen one shirt that made me laugh..."Modest is hottest". The shirt would shape even the shapeless of us and the saying wasn't in an appropriate area. Maybe you have this shirt and are shaking your head at my words.
What does the Bible say?
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array... 1 Timothy 2:9
Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers.
Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen...
Isaiah 47:2-3
Do your own research and find out if today's scant fashions
are really Biblical, feminine and pleasing to the Lord.
Please don't take my word on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely have to agree with you there - and I love the quote... it's one of my favourites!

~Nicole