Friday, October 19, 2007

Busy, busy, busy bee....

Hey ALL,

Just wanted to letcha' know what we have been up to the past week. This week started out exciting!

My newest goaty girl arrived on monday! She is SO sweet and funny. I just love her! I go out to the goat pasture and she says "Mah" real low (compared to Milcah and Chava...esp. Chav!) In the morning, if I have to head back in to grab the vitamin E or pregnancy herbs I forgot in the house (to supplement her feed) she starts Mahing really loud and then runs around the pasture like...WHERE are you going? You can't leave me yet without feedin' me! It's really funny during feeding time around here. I give the girls their designated buckets (Milcah -black bucket, Chava-blue and Melita green) and everyone starts downing thier feed, herbs, scraps (onion peel, garlic, etc.), etc. Melita finishes half and then wonders over to Milcah's bowl. Milcah leaves her bowl and goes and shares with Chava. I sort them back out again and then I head out, as they are 75% done. Melita notices I am leaving and follows me saying..."MAH" (translation....don't leave!) Chava sees Melita leave her bucket and starts eating Melita's food. It's really funny to me how this all works...and YES I am working on more orderliness during feeding time!!

Tuesday - we went to the liberry' and mailed PO stuff. (Enjoyed goats...did inside reg. stuff...etc.)

Wend. - We did our normal household daily cleaning, etc. I did online selling and wrote a lesson plan for homeschool radio shows (I can't find the link at this time, but will share their site soonly). My cousin Kaity and her sis-n-law, Erin, came over and SO sweetly shared some things from a barn that is being demolished next week. Chicken feeder, waterers and stall mats! Thank you Kaity and Erin!

Thurs. - Josh, cousin Kaity's hubby, and Kaity came over for a morning visit. Jon (my 17 yr old brother) and I worked outside...well, played. I got out my goaty girls and they stayed by me and Jon while I constructed a crazy swing (it spins more then it swings!) and Jon made a walking stick for dad. :) Melita, Chava and Milcah LOVED it! They chomped on poison ivy, bay laurel, rose of sharon and other goodies! Gracie, my cat and baby, stayed right by us the entire time too! I should of taken pics but the batteries need charging! After Josh and Kaity left, Dad, me and mom went to the barn that is being demoed and started treasure finding! It's a BEAUTIFUL old barn! I don't know why it's being bull dozed, but I do know what we have found so far in the barn has been a blessing to us! We loaded the entire back of Justin's (20 yr. old brother's) truck!

Today - Mom and I made wheat bread (see recipe below) and Italian loaf to share with the owners of the barn and Jon, mom and I all headed out to meet Dad and Justy. We pulled down stall doors, unscrewed wood, took down hay loft doors, hay bins, feeders, waterers, mats...just everything we could take and loaded dad's Gospel truck (has lots of bumper stickers on it) down! I LOVE TREASURE hunting! On thursday we found this old 1920-40's cabinet in the barn. It was hanging on the wall....needs to be refinished, but it is SO nice and SO antique-y! How exciting! Too bad we can't just hook up the barn to the back of the pickup and haul it here! ;)

Tomorrow we are going thru' our treasures and putting them in a safe place for storage.

Okay, that has been my week so far. You know, we can plan our lives out and put things down in lil lists and schedules, but we know not what is on the morrow! Jon shared a good verse today......"we spend out years as a tale that is told....for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Psalm 90:9-10 Jon is a history buff and he said today..."you know we read about people a long time ago and think...wow! Think of that so and so did this and said that...and soon we die and someone else quotes us or reads about what we did when we lived."

Love, Jessica

PS: Pics to come soon of Melita, treasures and other happenings around our home and in our lives!

PSS: And don't ya go thinking my blog has lost it's salt....I am currently working on a new salty post that will encourage you to think outside the box! :O) hehe Just remember...salt will either sting or it will flavor!

No comments: