Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One man's junk, is another man's treasure!

One man's junk is another man's treasure....




A family dad did flooring for gave us a 2 nice pieces of furniture they didn't want any longer. A hardwood table with benches and a hopechest. The table was BADLY scratched on top (nothing a tablecloth couldn't hide).




Yesterday afternoon I got out a guy power tool (a belt sander) and went to work outside on the table. I never used a belt sander b4, so the first time I clicked the trigger thing and put the sander to the wood, the sander took off with me. :)

I felt a lil odd out there in my favorite regency style work jumper using a power tool. BUT I had fun! And got sweaty and all wood dusty (yuck...I am use to hard work and sweat, but it's still yuck). "Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come." Proverbs 31:25

We had a can of wood stain hanging around and I got it and seen...harmful if you enhale vapors....etc. I quickly put that can back where I found it. Within the next 3 days I am going to stain my sanded masterpiece with homemade stain! YES you heard me! I am currently making Black Walnut stain! Woo-hoo! Once I stain it successfully, I will share directions. Below are the before pic and after I sanded it! I think I have found a new back-aching amusement. Power tools are for sure guy work!

BEFORE...



After sanding....


Finished product to come!!! Keep checkin' back!

Jessica

No comments: