Friday, October 26, 2007

Consider this...

(Note: If you have not read the below post, What Am I?, please do not read this post. Please scroll down to the below post, so you understand what I am speaking of.)

Controversial, tough, harsh, right, violent, optional, murder, choice....these words have been used to describe abortions. We are told by Planned Parenthood that, "Women have turned to abortion to end unwanted pregnancies throughout the ages." This statement makes it seem that through out the ages women were left with no other choice then to turn to abortion. Words like choice, choose and freedom decorate Planned Parenthood's site. Abortion is NOT the only option open to mothers. Planned parenthood refers more mothers for abortion then adoption. I found a shirt that Planned Parenthood sells, that to me, sums up what the motives are behind their tax-payer supported organization. The shirt states, "I had an Abortion". IF Planned Parenthood really was geared more toward adoptions, why don't they have a shirt that says, "I gave my baby up for adoption."

I was doing a search the other day and unknowingly clicked on what was deemed "abortion pictures" and it took me to a video clip of a woman having an abortion. The clip started by itself and I could not scramble my mouse to find the X button fast enough. My heart was in the bottom of my stomach and I was crying. I didn't even see 5 seconds of the clip. Just the thought that someone would broadcast a baby being torn, twisted and sucked from it's mother was enough to make me sob. Euthanized animals face a more humane death then aborted babies do. Our society has so dehumanized unborn babies to the point which most do not comprehend that their babies are living and growing inside their womb!

I have posted, shared and passed along the below post on several boards I frequent. On one board, at this precise moment, I have 234 views on my post alone. I have emailed the post to over 40 people. Yet, my counter only reads 64 visitors as I write this.

I am NOT saying you must come to my blog and read this post!!! I am pointing out the fact that statistically no one cares enough to do anything for these little lives that are being murdered everyday.

THIS is a topic no one wants to read about. We have heard it all and we just don't care. Our fashion and our football is more important to us then human life. We sit in luxury, in front of our computer screens, while everyday babies are dying by choice. We get upset when someone cuts us off in traffic, when we have to wait too long for our food in restaurants, when our team loses the game, but we are unaffected at the fact that millions of babies that are murdered every year in the US alone!
We take no thought of the women who think abortion is their only option. We take no thought of anything because we are lovers of ourselves and would rather think on things that benefit us and our interests.

Just today we got a newsletter in the mail from the church we are visiting. On January 22, 2008 in DC there is an annual March for Life. The article shared that this summer, a family took a trip to DC, the mom was standing on the steps of our capitol explaining to her 8 year old daughter why every January she goes to the March for Life. Her daughter was unimpressed. It wasn't until just recently, that she sat down with her 8 year old daughter and began to discuss the bill of rights. She used abortion as an example of freedom of speech and realized it was well past time to explain abortion to her 8 year old daughter. The article says, "In the gentlest way possible I defined the word abortion. The expression on her face was pure horror. Her eyes grew large, her mouth flew open as her little body shook. She immediately pleaded to be allowed to accompany me this year to DC. What is our reaction when we think of the abortions that are preformed everyday? Does the truth manage to touch our hearts?...God forbid we should ever grow so cold we do not feel the kind of alarm that went off on my daughter's face."

Patty Smith (
http://www.sanctuaryministries.blogspot.com/) in an email fwd'd by a friend to me, states this; "Should Christians be twiddling their thumbs while babies are slaughtered through all nine months in Orlando? Should people who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ simply continue to have church sponsored sewing circles & craft days & retreats & camp-outs & concerts & conferences & pot luck suppers while their precious little neighbors are perishing in the shadow of their steeples? Or should Christians be at the killing place en masse to love their neighbors as themselves & to protest the slaughter of boys & girls?"

I plead with you and I pray this has affected you as it has me.

We can no longer stand by while the innocent are being murdered and the youth are being indoctrinated that abortion is a normal and okay, that human life is cheap and can be disposed of when it's not convenient.

We can no longer be idle....is there not a cause? (1 Samuel 17:29)

Jessica



Below 4-D ultrasound:
At 8 weeks, this baby can kick
and straighten his legs,
and move his arms up and down.

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right
well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 138:13-16

No comments: